Round 6 Opponents: Huddersfield Giants
Ground: John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield
Coach: Simon Woolford
Home colours: Claret jersey with 2 gold chevrons, claret shorts
Alternative colours: Black jersey with neon blue effects and trim, black shorts.
Redvee Season Preview: https://www.redvee.net/season-preview-huddersfield-giants/
Saints: 1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 11. Zeb Taia, 12. Joseph Paulo, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dominique Peyroux, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 21. Aaron Smith, 23. Lachlan Coote.
Changes from the last round
In: Aaron Smith
Out: James Bentley
Huddersfield: 1. Darnell McIntosh, 2. Jermaine McGillvary, 4. Jordan Turner, 5. Akuila Uate, 6. Lee Gaskell, 7. Matt Frawley, 9. Kruise Leeming, 10. Suaia Matagi, 12. Alex Mellor, 13. Michael Lawrence, 15. Oliver Roberts, 17. Ukuma Ta’ai, 19. Matty English, 20. Jake Wardle, 25. Colton Roche, 26. Sebastine Ikahihifo, 29. Sam Hewitt, 32. Innes Senior, 35. Joe Wardle.
Changes from the last round
In: Colton Roche, Matty English
Out: Adam O’Brien, Aaron Murphy
Last Season at the John Smith’s Stadium
Tries: Brough, Roberts Goals: Brough (2)
St. Helens 26
Tries: Wilkin, Roby, Taia, Percival Goals: Richardson (5)
Huddersfield: Mamo; McGillvary, Gaskell, Turner, Murphy; Rankin, Brough; Ta’ai, O’Brien, Clough, Roberts, Ferguson, Hinchcliffe.
Interchanges: Ikahihifo, Smith, Walne, Leeming.
St Helens: Barba; Swift, Makinson, Percival, Grace; Lomax, Richardson; Amor, Roby, Thompson, Peyroux, Taia, Wilkin.
Interchanges: Fages, Walmsley, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Douglas.
Stand Off the 6 at your peril?
- Saints’ stand offs have scored 17 tries in the last 20 matches against Huddersfield – Leon Pryce, Lee Gaskell and Travis Burns contribute 1 each, Lance Hohaia, Jordan Tuner and Theo Fages have scored 3 each, but leading the way for the ‘sixes’ is Jonny Lomax with 5 tries against Huddersfield.
- Jonny Lomax has scored 5 tries in his last 4 appearances against Huddersfield.
- Mark Percival has scored a try in his last 2 outings at the John Smiths Stadium
- Regan Grace has never scored a try for Saints at Huddersfield, but he is in fine form scoring 4 tries in his 5 appearances this year.
- Saints’ record against Huddersfield since 2010 in Super League is 12 wins, 1 draw and 8 defeats.
- At the John Smith’s Stadium, again since 2010, Saints’ record is 3 wins and 5 defeats.
- In 2012 and 2014, Saints lost by the same score-line at Huddersfield, 17-16.
- First team squad members to make their debut against Huddersfield include Matty Costello and Dominique Peyroux.
Super League – 5th February 2016 – Dominique Peyroux’s Debut
St. Helens 30
Tries: Percival (2), Vea, Turner, Thompson Goals: Walsh (5)
Huddersfield Giants 16
Tries: Murphy, Ta’ai, Connor Goals: Brough, Ellis
St Helens: Owens; Makinson, Peyroux, Percival, Swift; Turner, Walsh; Amor, Roby, Tasi, Wilkin, Vea, McCarthy-Scarsbrook.
Interchanges: Walmsley, Richards, Savelio, Thompson.
Huddersfield: Grix; McGillvary, Cudjoe, Connor, Murphy; Brough, Ellis; Rapira, Hinchcliffe, Crabtree, Ta’ai, Lawrence, Patrick.
Interchanges: Smith, J. Johnson, Leeming, Roberts.