Round 5 Opponents: London Broncos
Founded: 1980 (as Fulham RLFC)
Ground: Trailfinders Sports Ground, Ealing
Coach: Danny Ward
Home colours: Black jersey with white vee inset in red vee, black shorts
Alternative colours: Red jersey with white & black faded vees, red shorts
Redvee Season Preview: https://www.redvee.net/season-preview-london-broncos/
Saints: 1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 11. Zeb Taia, 12. Joseph Paulo, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dominique Peyroux, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 22. James Bentley, 23. Lachlan Coote.
Changes from the last round
In: Kevin Naiqama
Out: Matty Costello
London: 1. Alex Walker, 2. Rhys Williams, 4. Elliot Kear, 6. Jordan Abdull, 8. Eddie Battye, 9. Eloi Pelissier, 10. Mark Ioane, 11. Will Lovell, 13. Sadiq Adebiyi, 14. Matty Fozard, 15. Greg Richards, 16. Matt Gee, 17. Matty Fleming, 20. Luke Yates. 22. James Meadows, 23. Rob Butler, 24. Jacob Ogden, 28. Morgan Smith, 29. Matt Davis
Changes from the last round
In: Matt Davis (on loan from Warrington Wolves), Jacob Odgen, James Meadows, Eloi Pelissier, Sadiq Adebiyi;
Out: Kieran Dixon, James Cunningham, Nathan Mason, Ryan Morgan (on loan from St. Helens), Jay Pitts
Backs to the Wall
- Last time Saints played London, all of our backs scored a try (see ‘Last Time at the Totally Wicked, below).
- Whoever has played left centre has scored in the past 3 games against London (Meli x2 – August 2013, Dawson x1 – May 2014 and Percival x2 – July 2014).
- Both wingers have scored a try in the last 2 home games against London (Makinson and Swift both times)
- The last Saints player to score a hat-trick against London in the League was Tom Armstrong, who played left wing in the last ever game played by the London club under the guise of ‘Harlequins RL’
- Greg Richards made one appearance for Saints against London in 2013. Other former Saints returning in the 19 man squad are Matty Fozard and Matty Fleming – but Ryan Morgan misses out.
- Luke Thompson made his debut in 2013, in a defeat against the Broncos – for who former Saint Tommy Lee scored
Super League – 27th April 2013 – Luke Thompson Debut
London Broncos 21
Tries: Bailey, Lee, Robertson Goals: Witt (4) Drop-goal: Witt
St Helens 14
Tries: Laffranchi, Swift, Wellens Goal: Percival
London: Robertson, O’Callaghan, Mendeika, Sarginson, Dixon, Witt, Gower, Kaufusi, Lee, Krasniqi, Lovell, Bailey, Cook
Replacements: Bryant, Fisher, Dorn, Dollapi
Saints: Makinson, Swift, Turner, Jones, Percival, Ashe, Hohaia, Puletua, Howarth, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Soliola, Laffranchi, Wellens
Replacements: Walmsley, Clough, Thompson, Charnock
Last Time at the Totally Wicked
St. Helens 48
Tries: Dawson, Flanagan, Greenwood, Hohaia, Jones, Lomax, Makinson, Swift, Walsh Goals: Walsh (6)
Tries: Bishay, Minns, Solomona Goals: Drinkwater (3)
Saints: Lomax, Makinson, Jones, Dawson, Swift, Hohaia, Walsh, Walmsley, Roby, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Wilkin, Soliola, Thompson.
Replacements: Masoe, Flanagan, Greenwood, Forster
London: Farrar, Macani, Solomona, Caton-Brown, Minns, Drinkwater, Bishay, Krasniqi, Cunningham, Greenwood, Cook, Vea, Foster.
Replacements: Atkins, McMeeken, Slyney, Magrin