Round 3 Opponents: Leeds Rhinos
Ground: Headingley Stadium
Coach: Dave Furner
Home colours: Blue jersey with amber bands, blue shorts
Alternative colours: Black jersey with aqua shoulders & chevron, aqua shorts
Saints: 1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 7. Danny Richardson, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 11. Zeb Taia, 12. Joseph Paulo, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dominique Peyroux, 19. Matty Lees, 22. James Bentley, 23. Lachlan Coote.
Leeds: 1. Jack Walker, 2. Tom Briscoe, 3. Kallum Watkins, 4. Konrad Hurrell, 5. Ash Handley, 6. Tui Lolohea, 7. Richie Myler, 8. Adam Cuthbertson, 9. Matt Parcell, 10. Brad Singleton, 11. Trent Merrin, 13. Stevie Ward, 14. Brad Dwyer, 15. Liam Sutcliffe, 16. Brett Ferres, 18. Nathaniel Peteru, 19. Mikolaj Oledzki, 22. Cameron Smith, 29. Harry Newman
- The largest winning margin between the teams in the last 7 meetings was 12 points – when Leeds won at Headingley by 30-18 in March 2016.
- All three meetings between the clubs in 2017 finished with a 2 point margin.
- The first of these games in 2017 marked the debuts of Danny Richardson and Luke Douglas for the club.
- Saints record against Leeds at home since 2011 is 5 wins, 3 defeats (sequence from 2011: WWLWLWWL)
- 5 of the past 6 meetings at Langtree Park/Totally Wicked Stadium have been won by a margin of 8 points or less.
- Another first team squad member to make his debut against Leeds is Mark Percival (2013), who scored a try in the win away at Headingley last season.
Super League – 1st March 2013 – Mark Percival Debut
St Helens 12
Tries: Lomax, Meli (2)
Leeds Rhinos 20
Tries: Hall (2), Leuluai Goals: Sinfield (4)
St Helens: Lomax; Gardner, Turner, Percival, Meli; Wheeler, Wilkin; Laffranchi, Roby, Walker, Soliola, Manu, Puletua.
Replacements: McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Clough, Jones, Greenwood.
Leeds Rhinos: Watkins; Vickery, Ablett, Moon, Hall; McGuire, Sinfield; Leuluai, Burrow, Peacock, Ward, Delaney, Jones-Buchanan.
Replacements: McShane, Kirke, Clarkson, Moore.
Last season at the Totally Wicked:
St Helens 20
Tries: Barba (2), Swift Goals: Richardson (4)
Leeds Rhinos 28
Tries: Handley (2), Mullally, Myler, Parcell Goals: Watkins (3), Myler
St Helens: Barba; Swift, Makinson, Percival, Grace; Lomax, Richardson; Amor, Roby, Thompson, Peyroux, Taia, Wilkin.
Replacements: Fages, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Douglas, Lees.
Leeds: Golding; Briscoe, Watkins, Handley, Hall; Moon, Myler; Mullally, Parcell, Singleton, Jones-Buchanan, Ablett, Delaney.
Replacements: Walker, Smith, Oledzki, Walters.