A Star Recruitment supply skilled and unskilled workers for short or long term vacancies across St Helens, Leigh, Warrington, Runcorn, Preston and Manchester
Job of the Week
We are looking for an enthusiastic production planner to join our clients manufacturing department, reporting to the General Manager.
The successful candidate will work Mon to Fri and the core hours will be discussed at interview.
The role of the position:
- Create and maintain weekly production plan
- Being the key point of contact for shift teams for schedule exceptions/queries.
- Liaising with sales and transport, ensuring orders are in-line with customer demand
- Run Material Requirement Planning (MPRP) and order raw materials.
- Generate stock reports and complete regular stock takes
- Liaising with supervisors and maintenance understanding their requirements.
- Providing data such as KPI for machinery, downtime, shift performance and batch costing report for Plant Manager and team.
- Attend daily team meetings and factory reviews to ensure maximum schedule adherence.
- Training and mentoring will be given for Group Accreditation.
- Training and mentoring will also be given in quality and preventative maintenance management system
- Training will also be given in process flows, and standard operational procedures
- Liaising with other repair sites
Experience of planning and scheduling, Computer skills are essential (proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook) as well as the ability to multitask. The successful candidate should be numerate, an effective communicator with a pleasant telephone manner and friendly disposition and good customer service skills.
Desirable skills: Navision – familiarity with the Navision management system would be an advantage.
You should be able to demonstrate the above skills and have experience of working in a similar role.
Pay is paid weekly on Fridays, plus holidays pro rata.
Applicants must be able to prove that they are eligible to work in the UK.
Please upload your CV or contact our office on 01942 825500 to discuss further.
Interviews will take place face to face if for successful candidates