Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk

Thread: Malcolm Alker

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Malcolm Alker

Haven't seen this anywhere else on RV but Alker has been charged with robbery using a machete in Wigan. He has also previously been sectioned for psychiatric issues. What a fall from grace for a former pro and coach. Quite a good hooker IIRC.

Got A Season Ticket

That's really sad, let's hope he gets the help he needs and put back on the right track.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    That's really sad, let's hope he gets the help he needs and put back on the right track.
    It is sad but at the same time if I was the victim of a robbery involving a machete I'd probably be hoping that the culprit got sent to jail. The lad may very well have mental health issues but a crime like that suggests other, more sinister motives to my mind.

Just glad they didn't use the machete. The guy needs help, 350 games for Salford.

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/crim...lker-1-8884975

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    It is sad but at the same time if I was the victim of a robbery involving a machete I'd probably be hoping that the culprit got sent to jail. The lad may very well have mental health issues but a crime like that suggests other, more sinister motives to my mind.
    This. He can get help and be punished at the same time.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Yesterday I attended the funeral of a family friend at St. Marys, Birchley, Billinge. She died suddenly of what was probably a heart attack. A few weeks ago her grand-daughters boyfriend was stabbed to death in Liverpool, I'm sure you will have all seen or read about the horrific incident.
    Anybody carrying a knife or weapon of any sort should be locked up for a long time.

Learning All The Songs

Yes, my wife went too and I know the family. I agree with your sentiments and you just cannot excuse violent crime especially when bladed weapons are a factor.

In The South Stand

`Not living in the UK but keeping up via the news and local papers, I cannot believe the current amount of knife crime. These guys are carrying a knife for a reason, and it's not anybody's wellbeing.
    For me the courts are just not hard enough on this type of crime. I would jail the lot of them

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Yesterday I attended the funeral of a family friend at St. Marys, Birchley, Billinge. She died suddenly of what was probably a heart attack. A few weeks ago her grand-daughters boyfriend was stabbed to death in Liverpool, I'm sure you will have all seen or read about the horrific incident.
    Anybody carrying a knife or weapon of any sort should be locked up for a long time.
    I study criminal law, one thing i have learned is that, the justice system stinks at times.

Certainly does . No justice for the victims what is wrong with the system. Nice families being let down, it seems to be look after the perpratators ..

Noooobie

Would site admins please end this thread?

I have first hand knowledge in relation to this case from my work in mental health services and feel it would be both kinder and wise not to speculate any further about a former great player who has well documented struggles with his mental health.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by BIG ST MARK View Post
    Would site admins please end this thread?

I have first hand knowledge in relation to this case from my work in mental health services and feel it would be both kinder and wise not to speculate any further about a former great player who has well documented struggles with his mental health.
    Well said.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Sorry no sympathy, sadly many people have mental health issues without feeling the need to go into a KFC armed with a machete.

My sympathy lies with the poor, in all likelihood young staff (being KFC) who were probably all terrified, may be having ongoing issues following the incident

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Sorry no sympathy, sadly many people have mental health issues without feeling the need to go into a KFC armed with a machete.

My sympathy lies with the poor, in all likelihood young staff (being KFC) who were probably all terrified, may be having ongoing issues following the incident
    Totally agree with every word,we have become a society which seems to want to defend the purportrator,and ignore the poor victims in these cases,i know where my sympathies lie in these cases.
    God hath given you a face, you have given yourself another.

Got A Season Ticket

Is anyone reading this and thinking CTE?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post
    Totally agree with every word,we have become a society which seems to want to defend the purportrator,and ignore the poor victims in these cases,i know where my sympathies lie in these cases.
    I sympathise with this point of view. However, if the person perpetrating the attack has a mental health problem they are also a victim. It may not always be black and white

I also think it may be best to close this thread really

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I sympathise with this point of view. However, if the person perpetrating the attack has a mental health problem they are also a victim. It may not always be black and white

I also think it may be best to close this thread really
    I agree totally,but the victims have to come first,if the perpetrator has a mental illness obviously that is sad too,he will hopefully get the treatment he requires,but the victims have to be societies first priority is all I am saying