Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardaker

Got A Season Ticket

What a silly boy. Feel sorry for Cas. All that money paid to Leeds and for nothing. They really need to sort their off field problems out. They've lost some talent recently.

Noooobie

The thing i dont get is if he failed the drugs test after the leeds game howcome he was allowed to play for a month after?

Learning All The Songs

How long before he blames depression?

How long before Saints fans see this as an RFL conspiracy that it took three weeks for the results to come out, and he should have banned against us in the semi?

I think we should sign him once Barba goes back to Oz.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    What a silly boy. Feel sorry for Cas. All that money paid to Leeds and for nothing. They really need to sort their off field problems out. They've lost some talent recently.
    I feel sorry for us, not Cas. It makes the semi final result even less tolerable to swallow.

Can knew what they were buying, Leeds would have never have sold if it was ever going to end any other way.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint1991 View Post
    The thing i dont get is if he failed the drugs test after the leeds game howcome he was allowed to play for a month after?
    I think most Saints fans will be asking this question.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I dont think it will be just saints fan to be honest. He also played in other games aswell.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

He made two world class defensive plays that saved a couple of tries against us as well.

It's sad really. All that ability, 25 years old and he's let himself down time and time again.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Shouldn’t just be Saints fans , should be the whole of super league .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythesaint View Post
    How long before Saints fans see this as an RFL conspiracy that it took three weeks for the results to come out, and he should have banned against us in the semi?
    ��

I don't know why it took so long for the ban to come in. Possibly a B sample needed testing or something. I don't see how we can really feel aggrieved by it though. Regardless of Hardaker, we had the game won, should have won the game, but WE didn't due to our own ill discipline. There's no given that we would have won had Hardaker not played though it would have helped.

I suppose your right about Leeds selling.

Learning All The Songs

I really don't think we take the moral high ground on this one really, lads.

Learning All The Songs Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Without going into the into the intricacy of sporting drug tests. It basically takes a period of time to be sent off, tested, then returned to the said sports governing body as a positive sample. The player would then be suspended pending a hearing or admission of guilt giving them the opportunity for independent testing, legal advise, etc... that's the delay, no conspiracy

Noooobie

I don't know why it took so long for the ban to come in. Possibly a B sample needed testing or something. I don't see how we can really feel aggrieved by it though. Regardless of Hardaker, we had the game won, should have won the game, but WE didn't due to our own ill discipline. There's no given that we would have won had Hardaker not played though it would have helped.

It's reported he had to have retest to confirm he failed the drugs test so maybe the protocol is to allow the player to play until the second test has taken place and to confirm the first one wasnt contaminated.

Learning All The Songs

I don't see how we can really feel aggrieved by it. We had the game won, should have won the game, but WE didn't due to our own ill discipline. There's no given that we would have won had Hardaker not played though it would have helped.

Its the same ifs buts and maybes. If Hardaker didn't play the semi, he doesn't make the try saving tackles mentions, and the penalty in the final minute doesn't matter. Just as we can say we would of been in a much better position if Barba had rightfully been allowed to play from his arrival, Cas would have been much weaker if Hardaker was suspended from the second* failed test after Leeds/ Wigan (which is when he should have been).

*The story I was told was that he also failed the second test after the wigan game, and first of all the RFL tried to ignore it, but following being told after the semi he would be banned, he set about causing as much trouble as possible, including sharing team selections with Leeds players, which eventually led to Cas dropping him. Since the failed drugs tests seems to be true, I can only assume the rest is.

We need a bit more transparency from the RFL, did they know the outcome pre or post semi final play off, and was it a performance enhancing drug being investigated.

I don't think anyone is suggesting a conspiracy theory or trying to take the moral high ground here but the fact is he's played in the Semi Final and had a big bearing on the result as he scored and saved a few tries. Nothing we can do about it but it's definitely frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Without going into the into the intricacy of sporting drug tests. It basically takes a period of time to be sent off, tested, then returned to the said sports governing body as a positive sample. The player would then be suspended pending a hearing or admission of guilt giving them the opportunity for independent testing, legal advise, etc... that's the delay, no conspiracy
    Took a week longer than Chase and Walker ,
    which saved embarrassment regarding the MOS Steel Awards.

Rumours circulating well in advance of him being axed which suggests
    RFL knew.

Not a conspiricy but certainly some news management and attempt
    at damage limiation.

https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=5687

Stupid thing to do from Hardacker, but alas, I don't think he will be the last.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Can't see him getting many more chances. He's a very stupid man

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

WADA only informed the RFL last week, as reported on Twitter by George Riley.

Nobody within the game knew about it.

Starting A Programme Collection Woodspeckie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint1991 View Post
    Because the RFL wanted Cas in the grand final. He should never have been allowed to be voted for Man of Steel either.

I understand the need for a B sample to confirm a positive test and if it takes a certain amount of time to get that B sample back then so be it. There can be no complaints about that really.
    And as has been said elsewhere, he could have missed the semi and we could have still lost, that's a case of ifs, buts and maybes!!

What I am confused about is it not being announced when the B sample was confirmed.

I can only assume that the B sample returned as positive sometime last week. Between the semi (eligible) and the final (not eligible).

Was it simply a case of the RFL trying to save face ahead of the big showpiece?
    If so, I don't think it worked because it only led to widespread speculation about what had happened!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Likely he is going to be banned I wonder who they will go for to replace him?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So he tested positive after the Leeds game on September 8. You could not make this stuff up!