Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RESULT. Saints - wigan

Got A Season Ticket

Default RESULT. Saints - wigan

Saints led 16-12 at H.T. Extended it to 22-12 which was soon followed by the dismissal of L.Cooper with around 25mins to go., Saints went in again to lead 28-12. Wigan then playing with the extra man and a very strong wind behind them scored 3 converted tries to lead 30-28. But our mighty Saints never threw the towel in and replied with 3 unconverted tries in the last 10. Superb performances by the two HKR boys Zach clay at 6 and Mitch Clark at 8, How on earth these lads are not playing super league is beyond belief, Clay in particular. Adam Swift left the field with a arm/wrist injury early doors and Dom Manfredi went off in the later stages with a foot /ankle? injury.
    Last edited by 58er; 12th August 2017 at 16:32. Reason: mis type

Thanks for that, and you are right about Clay and Clark.

I've obviously missed something here - were Clay and Clark playing for Saints? Are they triallists?

Sorry Volls_Dad. I think 59er is talking about the fact that HKR beat Leigh today, without the two NZ Juniors, Clay, who were, the junior NZ Captain and Clark the junior NZ prop. Tim Sheens decided that they didnt need to be there today.

In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Good work from Hull KR

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Good work from Hull KR
    Its all done with mirrors!

Learning All The Songs

Enjoyed the game.

Not sure how/why we are a joint team but was very impressed by the two HKR lads and Saints did well to stop the Wigan momentum and win after the sending off. Wish we were taking a punt on the odd youngster like that from down under as plenty of raw talent. Remember a NZ junior Henry Paul signed by Wakefield who didnt do too badly

Good too to see KC in the crowd.

As per other threads just a shame not more of these games to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by headtackle View Post
    Enjoyed the game.

Not sure how/why we are a joint team but was very impressed by the two HKR lads and Saints did well to stop the Wigan momentum and win after the sending off. Wish we were taking a punt on the odd youngster like that from down under as plenty of raw talent. Remember a NZ junior Henry Paul signed by Wakefield who didnt do too badly

Good too to see KC in the crowd.

As per other threads just a shame not more of these games to go to.
    I think it could be Mike Rush, amongst others, that we should be thanking for it.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...r-next-season/

Got A Season Ticket

I really enjoyed the game, I think the standard was of high quality. The two already mentioned were outstanding along with quite a few more.

The link info from rush is very promising and I agree entirely

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    I've obviously missed something here - were Clay and Clark playing for Saints? Are they triallists?
    Clay and Clark were playing for Saints but they are registered with HKR who do not have a reserve team, hence we have an agreement with Rovers to give them game time with us.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Sorry Volls_Dad. I think 59er is talking about the fact that HKR beat Leigh today, without the two NZ Juniors, Clay, who were, the junior NZ Captain and Clark the junior NZ prop. Tim Sheens decided that they didnt need to be there today.
    No mate, I,m talking about saints v wigan reserves played this afternoon

Got A Season Ticket

Sorry Jackbit but I initially mis understood your post, now I understand. However I was not aware that the pair were junior Kiwis. Thanks for that info.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Clay and Clark were playing for Saints but they are registered with HKR who do not have a reserve team, hence we have an agreement with Rovers to give them game time with us.
    The stand off was the best player on the pitch by a distance, made about four breaks and was involved in like three tries. Didn't register who he was at first, couldn't put a name to the face. Class above.

Decent game of rugby though, Wigan put a good side out, rolled Marshall, Forsyth, Shez and those boys out. The Forsyth try was a soft as anything and there was another where the scrum half missed a 1 v 1 but the Saints 6 set up 18 points on his own and they couldn't hold him.

Hope Swift is alright.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Thanks for the info

I agree with Tez. The 6 for us looked a player. Great step on him for his tries. I also liked our 8 too, the other NZ lad. Absolutely steamed in with his carries, lots of aggression and looked a handful.

It also showed how Tommy Lee to be fair is too good for that level. He had some nice touches.

I also liked Matty Lees second spell. He has a great build for a forward and being so young he has time to fill out even more. The only downside is that he seems to hit the floor on contact rather than metres after contact. By all accounts, he never used to do that as a younger lad so may be a legacy of KC's coaching. Hopefully that can be coached back out of him as it's clear he's going to be a very good player.,

The 6 for Wigan - Harry Smith- looked okay in patches too. He's only 16. Definitely one to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Replica Shirt Wise Old Elf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    The link info from rush is very promising and I agree entirely
    Unfortunately, it's from 2015 and the promise has now evaporated due to the apathy of Leeds, Cas, Wakefield etc towards running a Reserves team.
    The Grind always leads to trouble

Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar

When will the match be on YouTube ? Be worth a look.

Got A Season Ticket newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    When will the match be on YouTube ? Be worth a look.
    Now, sorry don't have a link.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Got A Season Ticket

Got A Season Ticket

Who got MOM? The No. 6 (Clay?) seemed to have a stormer

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    Who got MOM? The No. 6 (Clay?) seemed to have a stormer
    Not sure. As I said in my earlier post though, it's a shame that the best two players on the pitch weren't Saints lads. Both from HKR. I know that Wane was very impressed with the No.8 for us (the other HKR lad apart from Clay)

It's a pointless system really, no points at stake and the likes of Graham Horne playing for us also.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Not sure. As I said in my earlier post though, it's a shame that the best two players on the pitch weren't Saints lads. Both from HKR. I know that Wane was very impressed with the No.8 for us (the other HKR lad apart from Clay)

It's a pointless system really, no points at stake and the likes of Graham Horne playing for us also.
    I fully agree, just don't see how this is of benefit.

From the HKR perspective, their 3 players travelled over 100 miles to play in a friendly, as there is no Reserve league structure and games are just arranged on an ad-hoc basis.

From ours, we have 3 fringe/junior players who didn't get a game as their spots were taken by the HKR lads.

Not as important maybe, but it distorts the score and, to some extent the game itself, as it's like we had 3 ringers playing and 2 of 'em were very good, as people have said, with the other having played at the top level for ages.

Just another reason why there has to be a proper Reserve/U19s/U17s etc set up within the game but the idiots in charge and some of the clubs somehow can't see that.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Clay and Brown looked really good.

Brown played for Bradford last year and was good.

I don't think either would be out of place in the Saints squad.

Pity there is unlikey to be room.

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    I fully agree, just don't see how this is of benefit.

From the HKR perspective, their 3 players travelled over 100 miles to play in a friendly, as there is no Reserve league structure and games are just arranged on an ad-hoc basis.

From ours, we have 3 fringe/junior players who didn't get a game as their spots were taken by the HKR lads.

Not as important maybe, but it distorts the score and, to some extent the game itself, as it's like we had 3 ringers playing and 2 of 'em were very good, as people have said, with the other having played at the top level for ages.

Just another reason why there has to be a proper Reserve/U19s/U17s etc set up within the game but the idiots in charge and some of the clubs somehow can't see that.
    The RFL are keen on the idea, if what is mentioned in this interview by Dave Woods with Kris Radlinsk, back in April, is anything to go by. But Hetherington is not keen so we are, were we are, with it.

I'd keep it just to pee Hetherington off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/39553273

A proper reserve league is needed and it should be mandated that clubs run a reserve team.

Hetherington is a tosser and always has been.