Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gorilla Glue

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Gorilla Glue

After tonight's "performance" I think we should be looking at using some on the ball. Professional players shouldn't be dropping the ball like they did. 9k there tonight and it'll drop more and more. They need to break out of this yoyo culture. It's as if a few tonight were living on last week.

In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Must have been 20 odd, Lomax, Percival, Wilkin, Fages, Grace, Taia the worst offenders..

Roby's passing were shocking

Surprisingly, Walmsley never dropped one

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Must have been 20 odd, Lomax, Percival, Wilkin, Fages, Grace, Taia the worst offenders..

Roby's passing were shocking

Surprisingly, Walmsley never dropped one
    It's unacceptable, every team has to play in rubbish weather at times but it can't be used as a crutch. It's Lazy/poor play, one step forward and two back with this mob.

Learning All The Songs

Shocker tonight. Got to draw a line under it. So poor.

Got A Season Ticket undertheradar's Avatar

Don't deserve to win when you make as many errors as we did. Really poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I can live with getting outplayed but Hull did nothing at all tonight, a huge two points dropped that's done my weekend now.

In The South Stand

The weather conditions weren't great but you have to adapt and ensure better ball retention.
    The flip side of this is that modern Rugby Balls are nowadays far better for handling in wet conditions. God knows how many more passes would be dropped if they were playing with a smooth Mitre ball of yesteryear.
    They wouldnt have been able to complete a single pass for the whole game!

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint View Post
    The weather conditions weren't great but you have to adapt and ensure better ball retention.
    The flip side of this is that modern Rugby Balls are nowadays far better for handling in wet conditions. God knows how many more passes would be dropped if they were playing with a smooth Mitre ball of yesteryear.
    They wouldnt have been able to complete a single pass for the whole game!
    I'm not so sure, the current Rhino balls (so to speak) are garbage compared to Steeden

Learning All The Songs

Tonight showed why those players just don't stand a chance of winning a Grand Final. They accepted that defeat early on, the body language and lack of enthusiasm and tempo was shocking. For me, our worst performance of the season. Hull were more than there for the taking and we monumentally blew it tonight.

Lomax - Terrible, looked knackered throughout and dropped everything.
    Grace - Always going to be a difficult night for him and after an excellent finish for his try, he bombed a more difficult chance and came up with a few errors after that
    Percival - Incredibly frustrating. By far our best player, but must have made 7 or 8 errors tonight
    Roby - After last weeks vintage, it seems the wine was corked tonight
    Taia - Could be superb, but far too many unforced errors
    Wilkin - Can he just tackle and not touch the ball?

Walmsley - Move to Cas kid, most of your teammates are terrible
    Thompson - Get your agent on the phone to the NRL, you deserve better

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I'm not so sure, the current Rhino balls (so to speak) are garbage compared to Steeden
    Yes I agree that the Rhino rugby balls arent a patch on the ones made by Steeden. (Have used both)
    Nonetheless the Rhino ball is still better than an old Mitre Multiplex one!

Learning All The Songs

Even I caught a high one that came into the North Stand and I retired decades ago )0

Got A Season Ticket

Why did we persist in attacking on Percival's wing? Him ,Grace and Taia dropped the ball all night. Taia is an absolute pudding .Can't hold the ball and misses numerous tackles.

Abysmal performance. Never seen a Saints side make so many basic errors as we did tonight. Must've been well over 20 errors from us tonight and if we'd have just played it a bit more simple we'd have probably won that.

Not going for the two just after half time was a bad call aswell and very costly. Pressure on the next two games now.

Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    After tonight's "performance" I think we should be looking at using some on the ball. Professional players shouldn't be dropping the ball like they did. 9k there tonight and it'll drop more and more. They need to break out of this yoyo culture. It's as if a few tonight were living on last week.
    We dropped a lot of ball last week too and it wasn't the first time we won in spite of it. I think KC may have been part of the way there with the blueprint for success; winning the wrestle is key. Off the back of quick play the ball what you need is quick scoots with players making supporting runs, the latter of which was sorely missing before Holbrook arrived.

Combine this with our improved sliding defence, our ability to make metres returning kicks (mostly Makinson, with Barba coming soon) and decent pace to take advantage of breaks and we can still win the GF if we make it and have one of our better games. SL is unfortunately a pretty average competition nowadays.

My wing mirror, that my Wife twXXXX on our trip around the Lakes, is as right as rain, as a result of Gorilla Tape. Its good stuff.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ep1987 View Post
    We dropped a lot of ball last week too and it wasn't the first time we won in spite of it. I think KC may have been part of the way there with the blueprint for success; winning the wrestle is key. Off the back of quick play the ball what you need is quick scoots with players making supporting runs, the latter of which was sorely missing before Holbrook arrived.

Combine this with our improved sliding defence, our ability to make metres returning kicks (mostly Makinson, with Barba coming soon) and decent pace to take advantage of breaks and we can still win the GF if we make it and have one of our better games. SL is unfortunately a pretty average competition nowadays.
    The reality is you need to have balance both tactically and with personnel and need to be able to adapt week to week and within games themselves. We need to sign some players basically, don't think there can too many arguments with that. Easier said than done maybe but it is what it is. There was one set Hull had tonight in the second half on their own line, going nowhere but two carries from Taylor (I think) and Gareth Ellis and from nothing they turn the ball over up the field. We don't have enough players who can do that.

Plenty of rugby still to be played and I'm sure we'll 'have our say' in how the rest of the year goes but tonight's disappointing. Hull were awful as I say and 10/15 mins of decent play would have got us the win tonight, particularly in the second half. De ja vu.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

It must have been twenty knock on's at least. Wouldn't surprise me if it was pushing thirty. How on earth that is even possible i don't know. I honestly don't think I've seen anything like that in 30 plus years of watching saints. They were there for the absolute and we blew it time after time. You expect more knock ons in those conditions but that was taking the !

23 Errors according to stats

Noooobie

Gorilla Glue is an expanding glue, it is nowhere near as strong as it makes out for many applications.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by terrortorn View Post
    Gorilla Glue is an expanding glue, it is nowhere near as strong as it makes out for many applications.

Banned

Taia is he for real between him Amour and Wilko it was half a pack playing with three backs. SHOCKING!

Got A Replica Shirt

Losing the Ball in the Wet, what's all the fuss about, 2 months ago the team couldn't retain possession in the dry.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by knowsley roader View Post
    Losing the Ball in the Wet, what's all the fuss about, 2 months ago the team couldn't retain possession in the dry.
    well considering both side looked like they were playing with a piece of soap, and that both sides did not put more then a handful of sets of six together i do not know why peeps are saying saints are now crap again. if the saints had scored the couple of try's they bombed in the first half perhaps it would have been a different game. i cannot believe that from cheering the first halves performance on Friday how quickly the fans change on here. it was a close tight game that was lost by 2 points only. we were not hammered into the ground so lets get behind the team.

Starting A Programme Collection Mac Saint's Avatar

Think a lot of you underestimate how hard it will be for hookers to make a smooth pass in weather like that and even keep hold of the ball on impact.

Biggest error on Friday was not going for goal when we got a penalty in their half.

Move on. So many fickle fans need to give their heads a wobble.
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Bad night at the office after a great run. On to the next one.
    Learned comment from The Don