Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk

Thread: 5 Talking Points - Catalans Dragons

In The South Stand

Default 5 Talking Points - Catalans Dragons

Learning All The Songs

Interesting piece as always. I like your description of Walmsley's try. I was really impressed by the effort he put into that! A lot of heart but maybe likening him to a bus makes more sense.

I have mixed feelings about the game. Even the initial kick off was poor, allowing them cheap metres that they then seemed to build upon with ease. However, as people are fond of saying, a win's a win and at least we still have sufficient points to make the Super Eights interesting.

On the subject of Walsh, someone has already used the word "nice" in relation to our lads. They just didn't get in his face enough and he should have never got over for his try. How do professional rugby players think? Do they think about his injury? Did they show him too much respect or did he just make the difficult look easy? I admit to being one of those who hoped he would stay put but hope was in vain.

Anyway, Wakefield away. That's the real test isn't it? Win that and I'll start to believe that we might make top four. I'm pessimistic but that's my normal state before the next game. I like to manage my own expectations in order not to suffer to great a disappointment if we lose.

Oh and I've never laid hands on you! I tend to rush off after the final whistle in order to get on my way home. I have a sixty odd mile drive along the car park (well it was today going home) known as the M6.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Interesting piece as always. I like your description of Walmsley's try. I was really impressed by the effort he put into that! A lot of heart but maybe likening him to a bus makes more sense.

I have mixed feelings about the game. Even the initial kick off was poor, allowing them cheap metres that they then seemed to build upon with ease. However, as people are fond of saying, a win's a win and at least we still have sufficient points to make the Super Eights interesting.

On the subject of Walsh, someone has already used the word "nice" in relation to our lads. They just didn't get in his face enough and he should have never got over for his try. How do professional rugby players think? Do they think about his injury? Did they show him too much respect or did he just make the difficult look easy? I admit to being one of those who hoped he would stay put but hope was in vain.

Anyway, Wakefield away. That's the real test isn't it? Win that and I'll start to believe that we might make top four. I'm pessimistic but that's my normal state before the next game. I like to manage my own expectations in order not to suffer to great a disappointment if we lose.

Oh and I've never laid hands on you! I tend to rush off after the final whistle in order to get on my way home. I have a sixty odd mile drive along the car park (well it was today going home) known as the M6.
    Thank you for reading. I admire your dedication travelling so far. It's only a 10-minute drive for me. The push from town takes longer!

I am still not a believer as far as our top 4 hopes go I'm afraid. I need to see some evidence that we can start to win away from home first. As it stands we play Cas, Leeds, Hull and Wakefield away in the Super 8s. With our current away form you'd say even two wins from those four is optimistic and we might need them all.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Great stuff as usual pal. I actually thought it was quite a poor performance to be honest and if Catalans hadn't run out of steam it could have been a different story.I also thought the game was very inconsistently officiated.

The tenor of the game was set when Catalans recovered their own drop out and Wilkin's effort pulling Walsh over the line for a try. But we dug in and came up with the win.We will have to do a lot better than that to get anywhere in the top 8's. BUT we have given ourselves a chance I wouldn't have said that in early may.
    Learned comment from The Don

Well written and authoritative, now about the twenty year old ??

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Walsh was similar to what he delivered for us during most of his time here - some top quality close-range kicking, the odd great pass, and only rarely a running threat. The Walsh of the first half of 2014 was superb; the post-horrific injury Walsh was initially embarrassingly poor but has thankfully (for his sake) returned to a decent level - but he's never looked anything like the quality when he first came to the UK.

At the end of the game, there were big hugs for him from Walmsley, LMS and - of course - Wilkin.

A pity Catalans couldn't hold their season together better; I so want them to do well to keep interest in the game high in France.
    #baainthatnumber