Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great resolve and result! COYS!

Got A Season Ticket

Default Great resolve and result! COYS!

Well, I'm sat in a bar in Lanzarote on my family holiday wishing I was in St Helens! (I bet that's not a statement made very often!)

32 degree heat plus sun, sea and San Miguel can't make up for the fact I missed this game.

I work most weekends so a Sunday he me game would be a given normally on my weekend off but being a few thousand miles away spoiled it.

I've been giddily updating twitter since 3pm and I'm absolutely confident that we can make that top 4 and keep the playoff record alive.

Who knows?

Old trafford might not be beyond us yet!

COYS! (8 pints of San Miguel may have an influence on my posts)
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Got A Season Ticket
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Well, I'm sat in a bar in Lanzarote on my family holiday wishing I was in St Helens! (I bet that's not a statement made very often!)

32 degree heat plus sun, sea and San Miguel can't make up for the fact I missed this game.

I work most weekends so a Sunday he me game would be a given normally on my weekend off but being a few thousand miles away spoiled it.

I've been giddily updating twitter since 3pm and I'm absolutely confident that we can make that top 4 and keep the playoff record alive.

Who knows?

Old trafford might not be beyond us yet!

COYS! (8 pints of San Miguel may have an influence on my posts)
    Two weeks today I'll be there but I've planned it for semi final weekend so I don't miss a Saints game

Got A Season Ticket

Very glad to get the win but that was a case of an average side beating a very average one. Catalans off-load, speedy PTB and kicking opened our normally sound defence too easily today. We will have to play a lot better to win away at Wakefield next week. Hopefully Amor will be back so we don't have to watch Lee looping the ptb again. Oh, and Percy what on earth were you thinking lad?? Still a few nice tries to finish with the last being a real highlight.

Got A Season Ticket
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Daft penalties and silly mistakes gave Cats the opportunity to put us under pressure in our own 20mt area.

When we attacked we looked sharp but need to play with a bit more nous

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by st.david View Post
    Very glad to get the win but that was a case of an average side beating a very average one. Catalans off-load, speedy PTB and kicking opened our normally sound defence too easily today. We will have to play a lot better to win away at Wakefield next week. Hopefully Amor will be back so we don't have to watch Lee looping the ptb again. Oh, and Percy what on earth were you thinking lad?? Still a few nice tries to finish with the last being a real highlight.
    "Very average" is an oxymoron, by definition! "Below average" maybe.....

Regardless, It's clearly a team on the ascendancy beating a team below them....

I'm still happy with the result (for the record I'm on 10 San Miguel's now)

In The South Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Radio commentary said attendance was over 10000 as well. Given the 0 away fans that's a great number.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Radio commentary said attendance was over 10000 as well. Given the 0 away fans that's a great number.
    Actually Catalans mascot turned up. So at least 1 away fan!

...Oh, and Percy what on earth were you thinking lad??....
    I was at the match but clearly missed whatever Percy did that prompted your comment. Hope he didn't kick the ball at the ref again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Quite a few Catalans fans near us in the South Stand, they don't ever open the East End for this particular match.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I was at the match but clearly missed whatever Percy did that prompted your comment. Hope he didn't kick the ball at the ref again.
    I would say the Hardly/Never passing to grace or anybody else when he clearly could and should of.

I was expecting us to score some points today but not in that stop/start manner, Catalan had nothing to lose but play an offloading game but saints were not ready for it should have wrapped up the ball in the tackle much better. Don't like it at all when Lee and Wilkin are in the 13, just seem to lose momentum and the pressure then goes on Richardson and Fages.

Another good performance from Walmsley and Thompson with Taia and Roby doing a lot of work, it was a banana skin game on quite a few occasions in the match, we seem to be able to turn on the gas when the Catalans were struggling for energy.

Default Great resolve and result! COYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    He was awful today defensively. Grabbing thin air half the time and repeatedly refuses to pass to Grace. Continually cuts in.

On the one occasion he did pass it was greeted by ironic cheers.

Kicked very well to be fair though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noooobie

you will saw and have seen inconsistent refereeing by the ref Saints moving off the mark but Catalans did it also and got away with it

Thought we came out a bit complacent. Conversely they were fired up and bossed the first 20 mins in the forwards. I always fancied them to tire on a warm day though and despite us making hard work of it at times we scored some good tries and put nearly 50 points on which can't be shirked at

Quote Originally Posted by saintPaul View Post
    you will saw and have seen inconsistent refereeing by the ref Saints moving off the mark but Catalans did it also and got away with it
    That gets ignored time after time after time and we get done twice in 5 mins. They were also dummying the play the ball on several occasions

Quote Originally Posted by saintPaul View Post
    Ref seemed to be making an example of LMS and ignoring everybody else. Missed Regan Grace going off the field was he injured.

In The South Stand

Only listened to it today, but your comments pretty much match the impression I got.

If we are winning when making mistakes at least it let's Holbrook see where we need improvement, without it being too costly. I think it comes down to, can we improve on those errors before others exploit them.

In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Ref seemed to be making an example of LMS and ignoring everybody else. Missed Regan Grace going off the field was he injured.
    Hopefully so, else it were tactical to stick LMS at centre!

I know he took a bang to the head, but it were a few minutes after that

Starting A Programme Collection

Good result potential banana skin that one.
    Beat Wakey next week and hope Huddersfield do us a favour beating Hull and we'll go in to the 8's 1 point off 4th.
    Get Benny Barba in the side and who knows!! COYS

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    Good result potential banana skin that one.
    Beat Wakey next week and hope Huddersfield do us a favour beating Hull and we'll go in to the 8's 1 point off 4th.
    Get Benny Barba in the side and who knows!! COYS
    Positivity!

I
    Your
    Style!

(12 San Miguel's and a vodka Red Bull, time I packed in!)

Starting A Programme Collection SodIt the Hedgehog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saints_B View Post
    I would say the Hardly/Never passing to grace or anybody else when he clearly could and should of.
    It got 'fashionable' after a bit though. He got crucified by a load of fans near us when he (rightly) didn't pass to Grace at one point in the second half, except not one of the fans seemed to have spotted about three Catalans defenders ready to shove Grace's head through the seats in the North Stand. Percy had spotted them, so didn't make the pass and got hammered for it.

When we let Luke Walsh go, did someone stick a clause in things to say we weren't allowed to go near him during a game or are we just the nicest team in world sport?

Good result, we can't tackle Paul Aiton! Inu is a decent player too, he'll score some tries in the middle eights.

Once again silly mistakes, the Peyroux not going for the drop out, Lomax from the kick off, Richardson with the chip over, Percy getting ankle tapped and knocking on

However that's the first time we've gone over 40 points at home since last June (although we did get 40 early September) which can't be sniffed at.

Catalans fell apart, and it were a close game for 65 minutes, but some good entertainment, and another win in the bank.

Next week is massive though

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I was expecting us to score some points today but not in that stop/start manner, Catalan had nothing to lose but play an offloading game but saints were not ready for it should have wrapped up the ball in the tackle much better. Don't like it at all when Lee and Wilkin are in the 13, just seem to lose momentum and the pressure then goes on Richardson and Fages.

Another good performance from Walmsley and Thompson with Taia and Roby doing a lot of work, it was a banana skin game on quite a few occasions in the match, we seem to be able to turn on the gas when the Catalans were struggling for energy.
    You're right about the offloads. It was really frustrating watching it at times. I am, however, happy with the result.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Another tough game to judge really. We played well in patches, particularly second half but a couple of brilliant individual plays by Roby, Lomax and Morgan took took the score out to what it was. We seemed to make quite a few half breaks but were lacking in a bit of composure again.

Main worry from that is defence and it's been the same for the last five years or so, we struggle to deal with offloads and second phase play because the contact isn't good enough. Some of the tries conceded were really, really soft. Luke Walsh one of the best halves in the league when it comes to the technical side of it, if you stand off him and give him time he'll punish you. Going to have to be a lot better than that moving on to the 8's.

Thought Roby and Walmsley were outstanding.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V