Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk

Thread: Flavour of the month?

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Flavour of the month?

Is it just me or are Cas getting every 50\50 call this season?
    I'm watching the Cas v Reds game and am worried that Cas have been favoured in most of the calls tonight.
    Phil BENTham is the ref so i am not really surprised that there have been some suspect calls.
    How worrying that the Big Prize could be down to the refereeing team instead of the two teams playing the game.

What I have noticed over the last couple of months is the referees ignoring the Cas dummy runners, on a narrow Cas ground they are actually "blockers' and get in the way of the opposition defence and seem to get away with it a lot of the time. On the bigger grounds it's not as effective, might be interesting to see how they handle it on a large neutral ground as in Old Trafford.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 14th July 2017 at 21:33.

Starting A Programme Collection

It's funny really, when we were doing well most of the league used to say similar about us

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

I've said this for a while now, they are getting every call going. Just to think of a few - both games vs us at their place had shockers in their favour, with the winning try in the second game being yards offside. Hull had a VR try disallowed the other week which was wrong and lost by 2 points.

It's as though the powers that be are willing them on to OT and giving them every bit of help they can along the way.

Not that the game's corrupt of course......
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    It's funny really, when we were doing well most of the league used to say similar about us
    Nothing wrong with your memory then

Noooobie

Agree. Been saying this for weeks now, Cas get away with murder and the officials turn a blind eye. Why oh why is this scrap yard of a ground allowed to exist? Every Lancs ground has been either revamped, rebuilt or removed and yet Yorkshire ( obviously due to RFL location) teams plod on with their 1950's dumps. As already posted, Cas will suffer on a full size pitch as their tactics are tailored to the Mickey Mouse size ground they inhabit. I for one sincerely hope they get well stuffed, their supporters' arrogance is only eclipsed by that of Widnes in the 70's.

In The South Stand

What a load of bitter, jealous nonsense. They've been the best team this year so far. End of.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Agree. Been saying this for weeks now, Cas get away with murder and the officials turn a blind eye. Why oh why is this scrap yard of a ground allowed to exist? Every Lancs ground has been either revamped, rebuilt or removed and yet Yorkshire ( obviously due to RFL location) teams plod on with their 1950's dumps. As already posted, Cas will suffer on a full size pitch as their tactics are tailored to the Mickey Mouse size ground they inhabit. I for one sincerely hope they get well stuffed, their supporters' arrogance is only eclipsed by that of Widnes in the 70's.

Very strange how their wingers keep scoring on this narrow pitch that they have. It's called open play. Cas are by far the best team so why call them not fit to burn?

Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    What a load of bitter, jealous nonsense. They've been the best team this year so far. End of.
    Agree with this.

They are not a spoiling cheap shot team getting calls.
    They are on a roll and do get some 50/50s that is all.

Credit to Cas they have lost lots of big names (Chase fist time , Carney solomona, Syned ,Clark ,
    but have built consistently (and shrewdly) over the last three / four years to
    the position they are today.

Their attacking style is high quality and good to watch. They have quality, pace
    balance and depth across the team. Maybe short of a Prop.
    Their left edge is highlighted but their right leaves Saints standing.
    They are not a one trick pony.

I remember a thread or two on here where people sneered at the suggestion that Cas
    were going places with a good brand of football and were not taken seriously.
    The notion that they were plucky triers but Saints had some sort of entitlement ,
    and that KC stodge was still the way.

I think that has been well and truly debunked now.

Got A Season Ticket

i think the very valid point is that had they been forced (as some clubs seem to have been) to invest in there faciltys would they be having the sucess on the field?

What a completely silly claim, not a wide pitch, ground not as good (is that not underway?) some could say to us a ground never really finished! Powell has been good with buys, give the guy some credit, and he has got Castleford playing a good exciting style of rugby, we have made so real poor purchases meanwhile!

Can never understand this feeling that everyone is against us, and several clubs feel this?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    What a completely silly claim, not a wide pitch, ground not as good (is that not underway?) some could say to us a ground never really finished! Powell has been good with buys, give the guy some credit, and he has got Castleford playing a good exciting style of rugby, we have made so real poor purchases meanwhile!

Can never understand this feeling that everyone is against us, and several clubs feel this?
    100% right, if Cas had signed Owens,Tasi,Lee etc they would be in a similar position to Saints

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post

Good recruitment, man management and style of play is winning them their 50/50s. As we are a real long shot, out of the contenders I would like to see Salford (as a "Lancashire" side) win in it. But if Castleford are playing anyone else then good luck to them, they have entertained all the neutrals this year.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by softly softly View Post
    Is it just me or are Cas getting every 50\50 call this season?
    I'm watching the Cas v Reds game and am worried that Cas have been favoured in most of the calls tonight.
    Phil BENTham is the ref so i am not really surprised that there have been some suspect calls.
    How worrying that the Big Prize could be down to the refereeing team instead of the two teams playing the game.
    I honestly can't believe people really think referees are bent. I agree they are not very good, but if that's the case then we need to look at this issue again. Two ref's must be worth trialing. one to hold the line and one to manage the rucks, which are spoiling the game. Can you imagine somebody coming to watch you at work, stand on your shoulder and question your integrity every time you make a decision. It would be intolerable. we are not helped by Stuart Cummins who defends every decision a ref makes. He lacks credibility when his feedback is less than objective.The RFL need to look at this issue. I doubt it will ever stop the conspiracy theorists, but notwithstanding that it's an issue that is long overdue a rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by winno 67 View Post
    I honestly can't believe people really think referees are bent. I agree they are not very good, but if that's the case then we need to look at this issue again. Two ref's must be worth trialing. one to hold the line and one to manage the rucks, which are spoiling the game. Can you imagine somebody coming to watch you at work, stand on your shoulder and question your integrity every time you make a decision. It would be intolerable. we are not helped by Stuart Cummins who defends every decision a ref makes. He lacks credibility when his feedback is less than objective.The RFL need to look at this issue. I doubt it will ever stop the conspiracy theorists, but notwithstanding that it's an issue that is long overdue a rethink.
    Wigan at home in the first half was probably very convincing by Bentham, he convinced me and many others that he was bending the rules and ignoring everything that was going on around him. James Child and Robert Hicks if challenged will make adjustments to how they ref the game, the others are just not good enough.
    As for Castleford they throw a lot of shapes in the form of runners and passing plays which gives the refs a lot to think over and quite often results in things going in there favour, other teams are very predictable so in most cases decisions are fairly black and white. The video ref is another matter and give the impression they have a "Sky Script" that they have to make against anything logical.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

It is just like the days when Fergies United needed a call or a pen they usually got one.Perhaps it's just because they keep teams under pressure constantly. It was the same for us when we were going well we never seemed to have to worry about decisions.
    Learned comment from The Don