Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lomax?

Noooobie

Default lomax?

just seen on the squad for this weekend that lomax will be within a shout for the cas game in 2 weeks. does anybody know what has been wrong with him and how many off us think that when(or if) he comes back in 2 weeks he has till the end off the season to prove his worth for a new contract or will it be a case off simply getting rid regardless at the end off the season personallly i think he is a very good player but is very injury prone and there not just little injuries that keep him out for a week or 2 there normally for a months at a time

Got A Season Ticket Injury Crisis 2010's Avatar

I would like to see him given the opportunity to see out the rest of the season and hopefully stay injury free from then on. But in reality it will depend on how available he is for games during the season, as too much reliance on such a key position generally upsets the team when they aren't available. Johnny is such a talent when fit it is a no-brainer to play him but there in lies the rub, If things continue as they are could we do as someone else suggested on here in another thread put him on a pay as you play contract in a utility role? Didn't we do this with Scully?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by the rv saint View Post
    just seen on the squad for this weekend that lomax will be within a shout for the cas game in 2 weeks. does anybody know what has been wrong with him and how many off us think that when(or if) he comes back in 2 weeks he has till the end off the season to prove his worth for a new contract or will it be a case off simply getting rid regardless at the end off the season personallly i think he is a very good player but is very injury prone and there not just little injuries that keep him out for a week or 2 there normally for a months at a time
    Jonny has had scar tissue removed from his knee. It's a pity that there has been no information forthcoming from the club regarding his absence, which has led to (incorrect) speculation regarding the severity of his injury. Jonny remains one of the few world class players at the club, and, in my opinion, has been sorely missed.

Noooobie

i agree he is a fantasic player and he is missed so much when not playing however is it a case off we are missing just him or is it that where missing him at full back and tommy on wing grace has been a desent stand in for tommy on the wing and shows his class but on the other hand he also shows his inexperience with some off his ball handling. is it on the same knee that kept him out for the last 2 years? iam sure someone should be able to train him to play in a diffrent way so that he stays fit i think justin should play him(when he comes back) for 40 ins and play tommy there for 40 and have grace on the bench to replace think this will confuse the other teams a bit and we need every advantage for the rest off the year to stay in the top 8 and maybe dare i dream make the top 4 still think this is possible with a good run from us and get our away form up

Starting A Programme Collection

i Think he is another Gary Wheeler great when fit but there it stops he's always injured

Starting A Programme Collection STIDDY's Avatar

I think he initially his injury was a dead leg but his knee was giving him some jiff. So I believe they decided to clean his knee out which obviously mean't a longer time out.
    He should be able to put a string of games together now, but we,ve been here before and will have to wait and see, he is desperately needed to improve a stuttering attack.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    i Think he is another Gary Wheeler great when fit but there it stops he's always injured
    I haven't been posting since the Castleford game because of general despair with the club. However, I think your comment is unfair.

Jonny has suffered a career threatening injury playing for the club. A workplace injury that may have long term effects on him. Despite that his desire to play and succeed led him to anincredible return against Leeds last season with a try that, according to Sky, even made some Leeds' players smile. He was a bright bit of sunshine in our otherwise underwhelming squad and was rewarded with an England call up.

Now, unlike some who post on here, I have no idea what is going on at the club and have no insights into Jonny's injury/corrective surgery. I don't, therefore, know whether he can continue as the dangerous attacking fullback he is or whether he will need make way for someone and continue to be used as a utility back or stand off. What I do know is the lad needs to be given some respect for the quality of player he is and for the courage he has shown not only in returning from serious injury but at times performing like a real star.

I hope that he heeds medical advice and does what is right for himself but whatever his future is he should be treated with respect. I admire fullbacks more than any other players. Not only do they have skills that I don't and have never had but they put their bodies on the line week after week and don't half take some punishment.

I've currently written off the season and am thoroughly fed up about everything at the moment but Lomax has brought me some bright moments in the gloom and I wish him nothing but well. Some of the players are deserving of criticism at the moment. Cheese eating surrender monkeys comes to mind but I don't enjoy singling out individuals for poor team performances. One thing is certain though. I can't think of an occasion when I would have singled out Lomax for criticism. The lad has always given it his all.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Lomax is ten times the player Wheeler ever was or could have been.

Starting A Programme Collection Dr Channard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I haven't been posting since the Castleford game because of general despair with the club. However, I think your comment is unfair.

Jonny has suffered a career threatening injury playing for the club. A workplace injury that may have long term effects on him. Despite that his desire to play and succeed led him to anincredible return against Leeds last season with a try that, according to Sky, even made some Leeds' players smile. He was a bright bit of sunshine in our otherwise underwhelming squad and was rewarded with an England call up.

Now, unlike some who post on here, I have no idea what is going on at the club and have no insights into Jonny's injury/corrective surgery. I don't, therefore, know whether he can continue as the dangerous attacking fullback he is or whether he will need make way for someone and continue to be used as a utility back or stand off. What I do know is the lad needs to be given some respect for the quality of player he is and for the courage he has shown not only in returning from serious injury but at times performing like a real star.

I hope that he heeds medical advice and does what is right for himself but whatever his future is he should be treated with respect. I admire fullbacks more than any other players. Not only do they have skills that I don't and have never had but they put their bodies on the line week after week and don't half take some punishment.

I've currently written off the season and am thoroughly fed up about everything at the moment but Lomax has brought me some bright moments in the gloom and I wish him nothing but well. Some of the players are deserving of criticism at the moment. Cheese eating surrender monkeys comes to mind but I don't enjoy singling out individuals for poor team performances. One thing is certain though. I can't think of an occasion when I would have singled out Lomax for criticism. The lad has always given it his all.
    Well said mate. I agree 100%.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Definitely - I never rated Wheeler anyway.

Lomax is also one of the nicest lads you could meet. Very humble and always has time for people. I really really hope he comes back and has the career he deserves - nobody has worked harder than him to overcome awful injuries.

Awesome player we need him more than ever. Really hope he stays fit this time.

Don't forget, it was only 7 months ago that he was England's number 1. I think we need to remember that cause there aren't many currently that would get much of a sniff of international honours.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post

That's an outstanding post mate. Very well said.

One of the toughest things for Jonny when he was doing recovering from his ACL was some of the things he was reading and the amount of garbage people were coming out with. He's one of the hardest trainers you'll come across and it's a terrible shame what's happened over the last 3 years. He loves his rugby and has shown an enorunous amount of courage and desire to get to the top level. I was emotional seeing him score against Leeds last year and he totally transformed our team when he came back. Really nice lad, my girlfriend knows Meg and she's sound as well, he's had plenty of support on and off the pitch.

Whether he's at Saints next year or not, I really hope it all works out for him because no-one deserves some luck more than him.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint1951 View Post
    Jonny has had scar tissue removed from his knee. It's a pity that there has been no information forthcoming from the club regarding his absence, which has led to (incorrect) speculation regarding the severity of his injury. Jonny remains one of the few world class players at the club, and, in my opinion, has been sorely missed.
    Yeah, he's world class alright. Best injured player in the world.

Noooobie

Unfortunately his injury blight is what is defining him. He has the potential to be a player who lives long in the memory for his skills on the pitch but at present because of his record of injuries what he can offer, when fit, is unconvincing because he is prone to the 'always injured' curse.Therefore his full potential probably won't be realised,and given Saints current predicament the 'hire and fire brigade' at the club will lose patience, and perhaps seek someone who can guarantee ( all things being equal that is) a decent skill set and a reasonable fitness history given the demands of the game.
    Bringing it all back home.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    What a load of b****ocks. Yet another keyboard warrior, who wouldn't have a clue what it's like to put his body on the line. I reiterate, Lomax is one of a handful of world class players at the club, and a local lad who bleeds red and white. Who needs enemies with supporters like that.

Learning All The Songs

What a load of b****ocks. Yet another keyboard warrior, who wouldn't have a clue what it's like to put his body on the line. I reiterate, Lomax is one of a handful of world class players at the club, and a local lad who bleeds red and white. Who needs enemies with supporters like that.
    As much as I like Lomax, when was the last time he did anything of note? He's always out injured and when he's not he just hobbles round like he should be. He's not been genuinely match fit at any point this season.

The club need to let him go. If he can improve his luck or fitness fantastic, but the club can't keep paying for no return. It frees up some money to get fresh blood in, which the club is crying out for.

Starting A Programme Collection STIDDY's Avatar

And Wello was twice the player better than Lomax.

I think it would be far more unwise of the club to announce to a league full of 18 stone men what body part to jump up and down on and test out when they come up against the player. I don't know why there is this expectation that Saints should broadcast injury news far and wide.

And there are people missing the point here I'm afraid - Lomax is a fantastic player and I commend his heart and fight and ethic to come back from not one but two serious knee injuries. Unfortunately that does not disguise the fact that he misses too many games and we can't sustain that given how important the full back position is. Something needs to give, whether that be Lomax' contract or the size of his wage.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Learning All The Songs

I do wonder in this day and age of social media what people would of made of Tommy Martyn and his injuries.

Got A Season Ticket Voll au Vent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I do wonder in this day and age of social media what people would of made of Tommy Martyn and his injuries.
    Or for that matter, Sean Long's.

I really like Lomax and I like him as a player and he seems a determined and brave bloke(and seems to have bigger balls than most of our forwards). I can understand Saints wanting to reduce his contract, but with his injury record who will take him on at a higher wage than we are?

Wow , for once I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voll au Vent View Post
    Or for that matter, Sean Long's.
    Sean Long had a couple of bad ones , his first at Wigan. He was lucky he literally had pace to burn and as he matured his game adapted anyway so he didn't rely on that blistering acceleration. I think Jonny has unfortunately had it a bit worse than Longy and even with vastly improved surgical procedures today seems to still be struggling.

I don't think any Saints fan doesn't want him to fully recover and succeed, the problem we have is we have so many problems to fix and can't afford to pay top money for a player who virtually never plays. If we offer him reduced terms we run the risk of another club in SL taking a punt on him. Tough decision for the club but if it was a case of Lomax or say Barba for me it would be Barba every single day of the week.

In The South Stand

Wheeler, I only remember having one decent game , It was at Wigan and I think it was Good Friday. I have lost count of the good games Lomax has had. No comparison between the two.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post

What a disgrace and scumbag you are. Go and climb back under your stone.