Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk

Thread: Ade Gardner

Noooobie

Default Ade Gardner

We all know our club has a rampant out-of-control Jobs For The Boys culture running right through it at the moment. I'm now wondering if this is one of the reasons for the poor fitness in the squad and players?

Thankfully it sounds like Holbrook will be introducing his own conditioners and fitness coaches from Down Under to the team which should save us and hopefully improve fitness in players.

I dont know if other people have noticed but if you watch our players forwards like walmsley seem to have got a lot worse fitness wise in the past few years and it now looks like all our players including our backs seem to be puffing and blowing on roughly the 30 miniute mark in the first half of games and also when it gets to the 60 minute mark they look exhausted as well. has anyone else noticed this?

Ade Gardner was a great winger in his time but is he really the best qualified person to be in charge of our teams fitness and strength and conditioning? Before he was appointed had he ever had a significant job as a strength and fitness coach in his life? If not how can his first job suddenly put him in charge of these matters for one of the biggest rugby league teams in the country??

Has anyone else noticed the poor fitness? Can someone please let me know how Ade gardner is better qualified for this role than external candidates??

Noooobie

How do you know he is not?

Anyone else at the club you want to blame, what a tat post

Noooobie

Please do let me know how Ade Gardner is more qualified that other professionals. Thank you.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Wicked View Post
    We all know our club has a rampant out-of-control Jobs For The Boys culture running right through it at the moment. I'm now wondering if this is one of the reasons for the poor fitness in the squad and players?

Thankfully it sounds like Holbrook will be introducing his own conditioners and fitness coaches from Down Under to the team which should save us and hopefully improve fitness in players.

I dont know if other people have noticed but if you watch our players forwards like walmsley seem to have got a lot worse fitness wise in the past few years and it now looks like all our players including our backs seem to be puffing and blowing on roughly the 30 miniute mark in the first half of games and also when it gets to the 60 minute mark they look exhausted as well. has anyone else noticed this?

Ade Gardner was a great winger in his time but is he really the best qualified person to be in charge of our teams fitness and strength and conditioning? Before he was appointed had he ever had a significant job as a strength and fitness coach in his life? If not how can his first job suddenly put him in charge of these matters for one of the biggest rugby league teams in the country??

Has anyone else noticed the poor fitness? Can someone please let me know how Ade gardner is better qualified for this role than external candidates??
    Ade Gardner is the academy strength and conditioning coach - Matt Daniels is head of strength and conditioning. Fitness has deteriated considerably since Apollo left.

Noooobie

I agree that strength and conditioning has deteriorated seriously in recent years and this was my main point. What do people put this down to?

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Some players are carrying more muscle mass than they probably need, which is also why we are lacking pace across the squad. I think this is a throw back to "boys in the gym" mindset that came from our head coach.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Wicked View Post
    I agree that strength and conditioning has deteriorated seriously in recent years and this was my main point. What do people put this down to?
    Your main point was that it was Ade Gardner (the clue is in the thread title) but he's not the first team fitness coach. Quite how he can be responsible for Walmsley's fitness is beyond me.

As it happens, I actually think Walmsley's fitness has improved considerably this year, particularly when you look at the work he's gotten through.

Sadly the same can't be said for many of the others. Walker's fitness for example is a disgrace for a modern professional, prop or otherwise.

In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Yeah Walmsley's fitness really is much worse than when he were at Batley!

Matt Daniels will work to what he is told, clearly he's been told to focus on making the players as massive as possible.

Quite how you know Holbrook is bringing in his own staff, seeing as he's not even arrived yet

This problem has been inherent for about 5 years now and was mentioned quite a few times under Nathan Browns rule.

We,ve not had a decent Strength + Conditiong coach for even longer than the 5 years as the concentration has been all about strength at the expense of conditioning.

Douglas and Walker are prime examples they looked fine during there international appearances but went downhill in just a few months at the club. Another indicator is the pre match warm up quite a few players are skimping the routines and some look knackered coming off the field 5 mins before kick off.

If Holbrook is bringing his own fitness staff then that's a good start but I,ve not heard anything official from the club, so we will have to wait and see. As for Gardner I thought he was just the bottle and tee man for the first team.

Zzzzzzz.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!