Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk

Thread: Widnes Vikings v Saints - Preview

In The South Stand

Default Widnes Vikings v Saints - Preview

The weekly look ahead which can no doubt be used in evidence against me.......

http://www.redvee.net/widnes-vikings-v-saints-preview/

Great preview Stephen as always Cheers ��

Starting A Programme Collection

I think its going to be a real tough game, Widnes have got a few players who can score plenty of tries and cause us lots of problems. I just hope Saints don't go in to the game being cocky because we beat Cas. We've messed up enough times this season, against teams where we thought we only had to turn up and we'd win at a canter.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Armourer View Post
    Great preview Stephen as always Cheers ��
    Thanks very much. Appreciate that...

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I think its going to be a real tough game, Widnes have got a few players who can score plenty of tries and cause us lots of problems. I just hope Saints don't go in to the game being cocky because we beat Cas. We've messed up enough times this season, against teams where we thought we only had to turn up and we'd win at a canter.
    The only danger is complacency really. From what I have seen of Widnes they are pretty poor this year. But you know, I was wrong about Cas so I'm sure we're all worried that I am going to be wrong about Widnes as well.... Thanks for reading.

Learning All The Songs Tez the Saint's Avatar

We have to win, simple as that for me. They key word for me is proffesional. Sometimes when you've hit a little bit of form know you're expected to win, when it doesn't happen in the first 20 mins or so you start to lose your discipline a bit. We're still making some really poor errors, little mistakes like dropping the ball on the floor or conceding soft penalties when the game is swinging in our favour. I want to see a really smart and efficient performance tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the game, hope it's a good atmosphere in our end and we play well.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Great Preview Stephen.

From what i have seen of Smith, he has struggled with some pretty iffy distribution from dummy half recently.

Either, high, wide or painfully slow and he is no George Williams, he needs fast accurate ball so he can get the team moving.He won't be the type who jinks past a rushing defence and bursts through the line.

As you say, he is what he is and you can't criticise him for trying to do what he was signed for and playing the way he always has.

What we need to do is get the tin opener Robes back so that Smith gets quality ball and we can start seeing what is in the tin more often.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

It would be a major set back if we get beat at Widnes after two decent performances. However we all know if you are not on top of your game (thinking back to Leigh etc) then you will get rolled over.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulx2 View Post
    Great Preview Stephen.

From what i have seen of Smith, he has struggled with some pretty iffy distribution from dummy half recently.

Either, high, wide or painfully slow and he is no George Williams, he needs fast accurate ball so he can get the team moving.He won't be the type who jinks past a rushing defence and bursts through the line.

As you say, he is what he is and you can't criticise him for trying to do what he was signed for and playing the way he always has.

What we need to do is get the tin opener Robes back so that Smith gets quality ball and we can start seeing what is in the tin more often.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Cheers mate thanks for reading. I wasn't in favour of getting Smith but I don't think he's done anything I didn't expect. He is what he is. I can understand why some are still against him but he's there now and we have to get on with it. We showed over the weekend that we can still do well.