Hattons Solicitors Banner
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowd on Monday

Noooobie

Default Crowd on Monday

Just looking at the crowd figures and looks like there was around 1500-2000 extra Saints fans (10,500-11,000) at the Cas game compared to the Huddersfield game (9k).

Cas twitter said they'd sold under 1k before the game and whilst it looked more than that my guess would be they wouldn't have sold anymore than another half of that taking it to around 1500.

Do we think this is just down to Easter Monday being a better time for a fixture in terms of middle of the day for families or was there genuinely that many fans fed up they that came back, as many said they would, as soon as KC had gone?

Just wondering what people's thoughts are and It'd be interesting to see McManus thoughts!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Just looking at the crowd figures and looks like there was around 1500-2000 extra Saints fans (10,500-11,000) at the Cas game compared to the Huddersfield game (9k).

Cas twitter said they'd sold under 1k before the game and whilst it looked more than that my guess would be they wouldn't have sold anymore than another half of that taking it to around 1500.

Do we think this is just down to Easter Monday being a better time for a fixture in terms of middle of the day for families or was there genuinely that many fans fed up they that came back, as many said they would, as soon as KC had gone?

Just wondering what people's thoughts are and It'd be interesting to see McManus thoughts!
    I went the game on 'Easter Monday', with 6 people who stopped going at different stages during last season. Four of them have said 'they were happy KC got sacked and will now attend home games more often this year'. They are still not won over 100%, i don't think Saints realise how much damage the Cunningham saga has caused on the terraces.

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

I noticed a long queue outside the ticket office.
    Can't remember when I last saw this.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

In The South Stand

Two more here went because of the new coaching setup.

I think you have to factor in more that the game was played on a Bank Holiday during the day rather than a change in the coaching set up. Although it wasn't a warm, sunny day it was dry and I recall in 2014 when we played Castleford on a Sunday, we got 12,648. And Cas had way less fans that day than they did on Monday.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I think you have to factor in more that the game was played on a Bank Holiday during the day rather than a change in the coaching set up. Although it wasn't a warm, sunny day it was dry and I recall in 2014 when we played Castleford on a Sunday, we got 12,648. And Cas had way less fans that day than they did on Monday.

Yeah that's a fair point. Just wonder we've ever had a jump of that size (9k to 11k home fans) from the last game before Good Friday to the Easter Monday game? Especially after a Good Friday defeat.

For me, it's opened my eyes a bit to just how many people were so unhappy with how it was going. I'm glad to see people coming back and I hope it continues to get better and better.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I think the point about Castleford is about right. They're top of the league playing some great rugby so it's no surprise that more of their fans want to come out and see them at the moment. It's the first time they have come to our place in I don't know how long expecting to win. The fact that they didn't probably surprised them as much as it did me.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

The Leigh game will be more of an indication, if KC was still in charge I'd imagine a similar crowd to the Hudds game.

On two occasions I heard people saying it was their first live game and there were plenty of new faces on the West.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

A big factor was that we didn't get tatered by Wigan on Good Friday. Had that happened I'd guess we'd just have touched 10,000.

Got A Season Ticket
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

If Grace isn't a "flash in the pan " and can convert some of his weaving runs into tries he could be a draw for new fans especially kids.

I'm trying to get my grandson interested in the game but it's not easy to get a 6 year old to appreciate a good defensive set of tackles or a good tactical kick, but everyone wants to see a winger who can score spectacular tries

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

It's more than likely that a combination of various factors contributed to the increased crowd. First and foremost the fact it was a bank holiday Monday in the afternoon would mean that more families with kids could attend; that's probably the biggest factor. Secondly it can't be denied that some people had stayed away due to the Cunningham saga and have since returned. That, along with the encouraging display against Wigan had created a new optimism amongst fans and that will have also added a few to the gate.

There was certainly a different feel to the place on Monday compared to what had gone on so far this year. Even when we made mistakes there seemed to be a lot more patience and acceptance from the crowd and not the usual moans and groans. It was a much happier place to be and a far more enjoyable experience all round.
    Last edited by The Yellow Giraffe; 20th April 2017 at 13:27.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    I think the point about Castleford is about right. They're top of the league playing some great rugby so it's no surprise that more of their fans want to come out and see them at the moment. It's the first time they have come to our place in I don't know how long expecting to win. The fact that they didn't probably surprised them as much as it did me.
    They have not won at our place in the league since 1989, surprised by that.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It's more than likely that a combination of various of factors contributed to the increased crowd. First and foremost the fact it was a bank holiday Monday in the afternoon would mean that more families with kids could attend; that's probably the biggest factor. Secondly it can't be denied that some people had stayed away due to the Cunningham saga and have since returned. That, along with the encouraging display against Wigan had created a new optimism amongst fans and that will have also added a few to the gate.

There was certainly a different feel to the place on Monday compared to what had gone on so far this year. Even when we made mistakes there seemed to be a lot more patience and acceptance from the crowd and not the usual moans and groans. It was a much happier place to be and far more enjoyable experience all round.
    The big difference for me was walking out seeing smiling faces. A good atmosphere at last this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It's more than likely that a combination of various of factors contributed to the increased crowd. First and foremost the fact it was a bank holiday Monday in the afternoon would mean that more families with kids could attend; that's probably the biggest factor. Secondly it can't be denied that some people had stayed away due to the Cunningham saga and have since returned. That, along with the encouraging display against Wigan had created a new optimism amongst fans and that will have also added a few to the gate.

There was certainly a different feel to the place on Monday compared to what had gone on so far this year. Even when we made mistakes there seemed to be a lot more patience and acceptance from the crowd and not the usual moans and groans. It was a much happier place to be and far more enjoyable experience all round.
    I agree with your post. There were several factors in play and I noticed more children in the ground before the game. I suspect that an afternoon kick off makes it easier for families. The atmosphere was much better and the important thing is that people may come back.

Infamous Grouse makes a good point about Grace. If he maintains his form he'll be something of a hero for the youngsters to follow.

Nobody likes to lose a derby but there were smiles on all Saints fans faces on Good Friday. I didn't speak to a single speccy post game who was disappointed with what we had witnessed. Despite the harsh red card we performed, the outstanding effort was plain to see and more than that we tried to play some football. Everybody realised we had turned a corner. I think that was a factor as well as a 3pm bank holiday kick off and a good following for once from Yarkshire.

It was great to see the lads get an ovation even in defeat at The DW and also pleasing that the crowd get behind the team vocally on Monday even at 0-8 in arrears.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Infamous Grouse makes a good point about Grace. If he maintains his form he'll be something of a hero for the youngsters to follow.
    Especially the girls... Best of luck to him. Just hope Saints can keep his feet on the ground (apart from when he is running past the opposition).
    I am at my happiest when I am sad and I am at my saddest when I am happy

In The South Stand

We have been down to two or at best three of us this season but we are now over Easter back up to six and four of us are going to Wid yer Widnes tomorrow. Two absent fans where down solely to Kez and his methods of play and his diatribe and these two had been on the five year deal and rarely moaned through Royce or Brown.

Quite a lot of factors for the attendance.

Obviously KC removed being the main one.
    Performance and nature of the game from Good Friday.
    Regan Grace second appearance.
    Playing the league leaders.
    Big showing of away support.
    Change of playing style from the coaches.

Got A Season Ticket The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Quite a lot of factors for the attendance.

Obviously KC removed being the main one.
    Performance and nature of the game from Good Friday.
    Regan Grace second appearance.
    Playing the league leaders.
    Big showing of away support.
    Change of playing style from the coaches.
    Kids on school holidays for the hudds game? People could've been away on holiday.

Do they count the season tickets in the attendance even if they don't turn up? I've been to some games it's looked quiet, I've thought the attendance didnt sound correct.

Got A Season Ticket
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Kids on school holidays for the hudds game? People could've been away on holiday.

Do they count the season tickets in the attendance even if they don't turn up? I've been to some games it's looked quiet, I've thought the attendance didnt sound correct.
    I've always assumed they count none attending season ticket holders. It's been more noticeable since we moved from Knowsley Rd because the empty stand seats are obvious

Learning All The Songs warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Two more here went because of the new coaching setup.
    And another 2 here
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    I've always assumed they count none attending season ticket holders. It's been more noticeable since we moved from Knowsley Rd because the empty stand seats are obvious
    Yes they do, it's basically 'tickets sold' rather than attendance.

Got A Season Ticket The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Yes they do, it's basically 'tickets sold' rather than attendance.
    The only way you'll really know is by looking then i suppose.

I went the bar at the hudds game got served pretty much straight away both times. The cas game had a decent line before and at half time.

I stood in the west for the hudds game and it was easy to find a space on a rail. I was sat in the south for cas so can't compare but looked a lot busier.
    Last edited by The frenchman; 21st April 2017 at 08:06.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Assasin View Post
    Ok mate, thanks for helping me see the error of my ways, I promise to be a more committed fan from now on.

You ••••ing helmet.
    Humour bypass?