Hattons Gold Registration
RedVee Merchandise At CraftyTees.co.uk
Ultimate Party People

Thread: Name and Shame, day in court.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Angry Name and Shame, day in court.

I must admit to enjoying the read in the Reporter showing who's been naughty.
    Had a read this week and can't believe that two lads were fishing without licences, they got charged £175.00 fine and £142.00 costs but there was one for assault who go £85.00 costs and unconditional discharge. Where is the logic in this ?
    Kick someone in for £85.00 or go fishing for £317.00?
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
    Audrey Hepburn

Spends Too Much Time On The Internet paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    I must admit to enjoying the read in the Reporter showing who's been naughty.
    Had a read this week and can't believe that two lads were fishing without licences, they got charged £175.00 fine and £142.00 costs but there was one for assault who go £85.00 costs and unconditional discharge. Where is the logic in this ?
    Kick someone in for £85.00 or go fishing for £317.00?
    Welcome to the British court system.

Fact is you get more for using your mobile phone whilst driving (if you go to court) than for criminal offences

Starting A Programme Collection
    Heart and soul in sunny ST.HELENS,Body in pieland
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

Fact is you get more for using your mobile phone whilst driving (if you go to court) than for criminal offences
    British justice dont you just love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In The New Stadium
    Blog Entries

of course the bloody fine for fishing will be more otherwise you'd just choose not to pay your license fee and take the gamble. Its like saying that benefit fraud isnt as bad as assault but you'd still expect a fine above and beyond what you had defrauded the system for otherwise you get a free gamble.

Spends Too Much Time On The Internet paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    of course the bloody fine for fishing will be more otherwise you'd just choose not to pay your license fee and take the gamble. Its like saying that benefit fraud isnt as bad as assault but you'd still expect a fine above and beyond what you had defrauded the system for otherwise you get a free gamble.
    I don't think anyone is deny the fine is right. But on the grand scheme of things, which is the greater offence

In The New Stadium
    Blog Entries

I don't think anyone is deny the fine is right. But on the grand scheme of things, which is the greater offence
    but that's irrelevant.

Not paying your license is a financially motivated "crime" (term used loosely) so the punishment has to financially beat the potential benefit that the person gets from not paying in the first place. The assault may have had nothing to do with money plus I'd imagine there are "assaults" and there are "assaults". Much will depend on the specific circumstances of which we dont know.

Buying A Season Ticket

By the letter of the law yes your right but I think what he is trying to get at is that knocking ten bells out of someone is far worse than trying to catch a fish with out a piece of paper to say you can!!!

In The New Stadium
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saint cross View Post
    By the letter of the law yes your right but I think what he is trying to get at is that knocking ten bells out of someone is far worse than trying to catch a fish with out a piece of paper to say you can!!!
    what did the guy who was guilty of assault do?

Buying A Season Ticket

I dont know Im not Columbo. It just that when you hear assault you generally think of someone receiving a good hiding which is what the opening thread is trying to say that assault is far worse than fishing with out a licence but the fines dont show that

In The New Stadium
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saint cross View Post
    I dont know Im not Columbo. It just that when you hear assault you generally think of someone receiving a good hiding t
    and there is your problem, which is exactly what I am getting at.

Wheras the smack head who conned people door to door posing as collecting for a cancer charity got a suspended sentence !!

Starting A Programme Collection BigMatt's Avatar

I was back at my mum and dads the other week - not lived in the area since 94 and was reading this section of the reporter and found it interesting in that the what you would deem to be more "serious" crimes were punished far less than what you deem to be a petty crime. Speeding was hammered far more than an assault. I couldn't weigh it up!

RedVee Chief Moaner

Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

I can accept that. Careless driving can kill. People who do that deserve every last penny they get fined.

The fishing thing is just ludicrous though.
    20/9 Strasbourg 1 Lucon 1, 22/9 Freiburg 1 Hertha 1, 25/9 Luzern 0 Grasshoppers 2, 28/9 Basel 2 Sion 2, 21/3 Bochum 0 Sandhausen 1, 22/3 Köln 0 Aalen 0, 22/3 M'gladbach 3 Hertha 0, 23/3 Leverkusen 2 Hoffenheim 3, 25/3 V. Köln 2 Aachen 0, 26/3 Koblenz 3 Pfullendorf 0, 28/3 Düsseldorf 0 Ingolstadt 0, 29/3 Aachen 3 Wiedenbrück 1, 30/3 Roda 0 Waalwijk 1, 12/9 Strasbourg 2 Consolat 0, 13/9 Hoffenheim 1 Wolfsburg 1, 14/9 Sandhausen 1 Fürth 0, 8/11 Aachen 3 Rodinghausen 0, 9/11 Dortmund 1 M'gladbach 0

In The New Stadium
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I can accept that. Careless driving can kill. People who do that deserve every last penny they get fined.

The fishing thing is just ludicrous though.
    depends on the facts, doesnt it.

For all we know, this might be the second time the guy has done it. He could be paying a suspended fine plus a new one for ignoring the rules again....we dont know.

Equally, the assault guy could have been someone who had took a smack himself first and got a bit keen on the old self defence. A lot different than if he's just gone out and battered someone for nothing.

We arent privy to the info

Learning All The Songs Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

If this is the case what should be Josh Perry be charged fined for his outlandish non-compliance?....
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Blog Entries

who would go fishing without a license though they're only a few quid. Cheaper if you're a girl too
    Your favourite worst nightmare

Example - Wont go quietly

In The New Stadium
    Blog Entries

who would go fishing anyway because its $h1t

Blog Entries

hear hear

Spends Too Much Time On The Internet Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Wheras the smack head who conned people door to door posing as collecting for a cancer charity got a suspended sentence !!
    That dude will be on dragons den next week

And anyone who drowns worms for a hobby should be fined, not just those without a license.

Learning All The Songs warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    That kind of like blows a hole in the argument re greater punishments for "financially motivated" crime doesn't it?
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The New Stadium
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    That kind of like blows a hole in the argument re greater punishments for "financially motivated" crime doesn't it?
    Not at all because you have no idea what their fine was or what they had to pay back which was the point with respect to the first example with the fishing. These guy(s) could have been repeat offenders so that have give them a towelling in terms of a fine. The assault guy could have been defending himself but went a bit far....the fact is we dont know hence why we can not make objective decisions.

Learning All The Songs CHANNEL22's Avatar

Assault somebody
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

SWIMMING'S COMING HOME

In The New Stadium
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post
    Assault somebody
    I think the point was that there are assaults and different assaults.

Foir some reasons after reading a 4 liner in the reporter with no details everyone has assumed that he has baseball batted a 90 year old woman and got less of a punishment than some person fishing. The fact is, you dont know.